/Home/PTPortuguês /EnglishEnglish /FrançaisFrançais /EspañolEspañol
cacautours Visit us on Facebook! : facebook-icon



Residents of the European Union:

Since October 2015, nationals of all EU Member States and Canadian tourists with a valid passport (over three months) are exempt from visas for stays of less than 15 days.

Switzerland: Swiss citizens are not included in this agreement, they need a visa.

For a stay between 15 and 30 days, a tourist visa is required.

For a stay longer than 30 days in São Tomé and Principe you will need to apply for a business visa, valid for six months.

A tourist visa as well as a business visa can be obtained from a consular representative of the state to which you depend, within a maximum of 7 days.

An electronic visa can also be obtained through the eVisaST online service.

For stays longer than 15 days, the one-month visa can be extended directly to the territory, in the capital of São Tomé, with the services of "Migrations and Borders".

Non-residents of the European Union:

Citizens of a non-EU country need a visa.

Exception: nationals of countries such as Angola, Brazil, Burundi, Cape Verde Cameroon, Canada, Chad, Gabon, Guinea-Bissau, Equatorial Guinea, Mozambique, Central African Republic, Republic of Congo, Democratic Republic of Congo, Rwanda, East Timor and the United States (in addition to holders of a United States or Schengen State visa) may enter Sao Tome and Principe without a visa for up to 15 days.

Nationals of China, Hong Kong, Macao can obtain a visa upon arrival in Sao Tome and Principe State.


In case of need, the Consular Section of the Embassies and the Portuguese Consulates can provide support to travelers. This support translates into:

issuance of provisional travel document, for situations of misplacement of documentation;

facilitation of contact with hospital units in the event of an accident or illness and with lawyers in the event of detention.

Consular protection cannot, however, release you from prison, pay hotel, doctor, lawyer, travel or other bills.

In countries outside the European Union and where there is no Portuguese consular representation, you can apply for assistance from Embassies and Consulates of other Member States of the European Union.

  viagem são tomé Contacts visgens são tomé  
  Cacautour'STP © 2018. All Rights Reserved.